PKU Bio-Net Conference 2012 was successfully held thanks to effort of the following people (in alphabetical order):
Juan Chen, Xiao-Wei Chen, Guogang Dong, Shengxi Guan, Man Liu, Haihui Lv, Xiaoxiao Pan (organizing committee chair), Yonghui Shi, Huaping Tang, Qian Wang, Yang Xie, Jingyi Yu, Chongzhi Zang, and Xu Zhou.
We are passing the torch to the next year’s organizers. Go PKU Bio-Net!
On behalf of all the participants of the PKU Bio-Net Conference 2012, the organizing committee has donated $200 to the Teachers’ Fund to help support the retired teachers from the PKU College of Life Sciences. Best wishes to our beloved teachers!
Please visit the following link for more photos:
Please refer to the following link for the final agenda.
or copy and paste this link:
If you decide to drive to the conference, you will have the following options for parking.
- There are metered street parkings, which is NOT free on Saturday.
- You may also purchase the Harvard daily parking permit to park in a garage, and the cost is $5 for the day. Please visit https://www2.uos.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/permit/purchase.pl for more information. Please choose “Visitor to Campus” for department name and use 7700 for deparment code.
By the end of May, 82 PKU-Bio alumni have registered for PKU Bio-Net Reunion 2012 to be held in Boston on July 14. Their years of graduation range from 1984 to 2006, locations cover over 20 states, and occupations include student, fellow, professor, consultant, and lawyer, etc. Why don’t you join us?
We are delighted to announce that the following people will speak at the PKU Bio-Net Reunion 2012.
- Yi Rao (Dean, School of Life Sciences, Peking University) (Keynote speaker)
- Harvey F. Lodish (Member, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research; Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology) (Distinguished Guest Speaker)
- Chenjian Li (Professor, Peking University; Associate Professor, Weil Cornell Medical College and Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Hongtao Yu (Professor, UT Southwestern Medical Center )
- Han Liang (Assistant professor, MD Anderson Cancer Center)
- Jun Li (Assistant professor, University of Michigan)
- Hong Peng (Associate director, The Technology licensing office, Yale University)
- Weiying Yang (Patent Attorney, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP)
- Katherine Xu (Senior Research Analyst, Biotechnology at William Blair & Co.)
- Howard Liang (Managing Director, Leerink Swan)
- Yingqi Karen Wang (Executive Director, Analytical Sciences, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc)
- Jing Li (Collaborations Manager, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc)
- Lian He (Assistant Director, Bayer HealthCare)
From the same old place, they have become leaders of such diverse fields. Meet them, listen to them, and talk to them. Don’t miss this rare chance!
The fourth (2012) PKU Bio Reunion will be held on July 14th (Saturday) at Harvard University, Boston.
Location: 52 Oxford street, Northwest Building, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138
The easiest way to get to Harvard is by taking subway. Take the redline subway and get off at “Harvard Square” station, Harvard yard will be next to the subway exit. Go across Harvard yard to the north, exit Harvard yerd and head onto Oxford street. The Northwest building is a glass-wall building next to the Harvard Museum of Natural History.
The following hotels are close to the conference site:
The Charles hotel– charleshotel.com
Irving house– irvinghouse.com
A Friendly Inn– afinow.com
The Inn at Harvard– hotelsinharvardsquare.com
Hotel Veritas– thehotelveritas.com
Sheraton Commander Cambridge– sheratoncommander.com
Bed and Breakfast in Cambridge 1657 cambridge street– cambridgebnb.com
We look forward to seeing you in Boston!